Help a Writer Pictures – Good or Bad?
by Tasha Turner
Are we asking our fans to work for us and forgetting to thank them for buying our books? (tweet this)
My issue with many of these “help a writer” pictures is that they ignore the fact that the reader has helped the writer by purchasing the book. I feel like they should say “additional ways to support your favorite writers” or “another way to show love to a writer” but I’m concerned that we are starting to devalue in my mind the biggest thing people do for us writers… Buy our books.
One of the signs floating around also accidentally offend book reviewers so before posting a sign we need to look at the wording carefully and think about who will see it and how it might sound to them. I can’t find the one that had a number of book reviewers talking about and being upset about it. I hope one of my readers has it and shares it with us.
- Do you have other “help a writer/show love to an author” pictures? If so please include a link/share the picture in the comments. And your thoughts about it.
- Thoughts on the ones you’ve seen?
- Did you like them? why?
- Did you not like them? why?
- Do you think these are good ways to educate and motivate our readers?
- if so why?
- if not why?
- Readers what are your thoughts?
- Have you seen these?
- How do they make you feel?
Don’t make me fell like a loser please comment…. or you know don’t I’ll survive… Is the guilt working? Yeah I didn’t think so.