Putting Others Down – Don’t Do It
by Tasha Turner
Daily tips brought to you by behavior I see going on around me. Its my way to share “don’t do this” or “do this in different way” Today’s daily tip is about putting people down/insulting others and why it will NOT help you build good relationships and the kind of social network platform that you want.
Insulting/putting down others:
- makes you look small/mean/vindictive/angry especially if the person ignores/does not respond
- prevents you from building positive relationships as those are not built on negative behavior
- makes people wonder when you are going to turn on them
- gives people a reason to wonder if they should trust you if you did not know the whole story and it turns out you were wrong because it is clear you don’t bother to find out the facts
- lumps you in with others if you jump on the “bandwagon” of someone who regularly insults/turns on people/does not wait to get the whole story before insulting people you get slotted with them in people’s mind and people stop taking you seriously
Which of the following do you want to be known as?
- As the go to person?
- The person that makes people smile?
- The person that makes people laugh?
- The person that makes people think?
- The person people recommend others to?
- The person people don’t trust/avoid/unfriend/block/warn others of?
My questions for you
- What do you think?
- Do you agree with me that putting people down or insulting them affects your social network platform/building relationships?
- Are there times when it is appropriate to put someone down?
- Have you been put down? How did you feel? Did anyone come to your aid?
- When you see someone putting someone else down what is your 1st thought?
- Have you ever apologized to someone for following the mob?
- Has someone ever apologized to you for following the mob?